Thursday, October 20, 2005

Assessment of the situation

It is clear to me that the only way there will be a win/win for the glory of God at my church is if there is no formal split. A split under any circumstance will at the very least say to the world that the church, in this case my church family specifically, is weak and factious and full of rebellious and self-seeking folk who refuse to repent and turn from their arrogance and be reconciled to each other. If we split, whether we like it or not, that is what the world (our community, association, etc) will see. That is what will have proven itself to be true about us. Most of you know me and where I stand with regard to the Truth. I refuse to compromise on the doctrine that has been passed down to me from my former pastor – because it is Bible doctrine. We must not compromise on the Truth. But I am convinced that there is a way that we can be reconciled to each other. If we have Christ and He has us, we can, we MUST be reconciled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul tells Timothy that the way to handle disputes about words in the congregation is to plead with them for unity. First, he says, urge them before the Lord to remember who they are and to stop quarreling.

Second, labor for accuracy in understanding the Scriptures and third, avoid complicity with this; and, last, do not panic; God is still in control. Lets not forget that; God is in control. His firm foundation will stand, for God knows those who are his and they will manifest themselves sooner or later by departing from iniquity.

That wonderful word of advice is how God urges us to handle quarrels like that in this 21st century as well.

Remember, no matter what happens, God is in control.

Kern

Greg said...

Amen brother. Thank you.